Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Space case

If there's one thing I've learned about motherhood, is that I have very little space of my own anymore. Toys and kid paraphernalia seem to be everywhere. An action figure in the couch, a car to trip over in the middle of the night or those real great finds like an old sippy cup under the couch full of curdled milk. (Admit it, even you neat freaks out there have come across something like that in your house). As a mother of two sons I don't anticipate a lot of cleaning in the future either.

So today I couldn't help but notice the condition of my craft table since I couldn't, um, do any crafts on it. But if you look really closely, you'll see someone left me a present:


I spy a hammer, a star, a blue box to hold a buck, nail scissors, a bedazzler and a little toy truck...


And then there's the medieval castle warrior greeting me in the morning from my end table:

(Note the attempt at trying to live simply)

And there are the daily masterpieces of messes. Like today's:


And then at night, with my feet up watching my favorite tv show, I get to view all the toys that surround me:


...with an audience from the other side of the room:


Somedays I feel like the walls are caving in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

You're preachin' to the choir sista.

Except my house is messier, even when I've "cleaned up." Scary eh?

10:00 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

I could have written this post. I'm surrounded by toys all over the place - no escape.

Although my house looks far worse.

4:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gotta beat this little buggers back with sticks, I tell ya! They're everywhere! And they're spreading!

I'm going to make a monster vacuum cleaning and just suck up all their crap one of these days. If I could only find my tools. I think they're in the toy box...

4:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home