Monday, November 03, 2008

Scream all you want, I can't hear you

That's my motto these last 2 days. I was diagnosed with an ear infection at the urgent care on Saturday and my right ear is so clogged I can hear myself talk inside my head, along with a constant ringing. Armed with amoxicillian and acetominophen, I plan to kick this within the week's time. I assume I picked it up from Andrew, who was diagnosed with an ear infection about 10 days ago. I swear, between all these sicknesses that have been going on in my family this past month, the pharmacy counter at Kroger is getting to know me by my first name. We have never been so sick.



So for the record, in addition to the ringing in my ear, I am officially sick of:


  • medication
  • co-pays
  • sleepness nights
  • hospitals
  • doctors
  • and mucous

CJ asked a really obvious question Saturday as I returned from the urgent care, "If dada is sick, and now you are sick, who is going to take care of us?"

**********************

Oh and even our internet service is sick because we've had spotty internet connections at home this past week, so I'm sneaking this at work during lunch. Shh.

**********************

But life goes on, right? Onto Halloween. The kids had a fun Halloween night. We went out with our friends and their kids. It was great weather which made a huge difference.



The kids got loads of candy. My kids aren't big on sweets, so while they like the action of collecting it, they aren't real big on eating themselves into a sugar high. For sweets it's usually just chocolate that they like, and specifically M&Ms. And only so many people give away M&Ms. They don't like the sweetarts, or starburst or any other fruit flavored candy. Much to my delight, because I LOVE all those fruit flavored stuff. And then I also get to have the other chocolate that they don't eat like snickers bars and stuff. Andrew's not going to miss his candy right?

What is your favorite treat for Halloween?

4 Comments:

Blogger The Full Mommy said...

My kids got a bunch of Necco wafers and I forgot how much I love them. Isn't that weird?!

Hope you feel better soon. It's so unfair that you're sick!

3:12 PM

 
Blogger Mayberry said...

Whoops, that was me above.

3:13 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

I like peanut butter cups, but I'm nursing so I'm avoiding nuts. (Although I don't know if that really qualifies as peanut butter in those!)

Sorry that you are all sick still. It is so hard when Mom's sick because we're supposed to be the ones who take care of everyone else.

5:29 PM

 
Blogger Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Chocolate is by far my favorite! Anything plain chocolate!

Hey, hope you all feel better soon. Being sick is no fun at all. Never is. Trust me. My son had 11 ear infections the first year of his life. It was a total blast.

Yeah. Not really.

10:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home