Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Time to exhale

OK, inhale. Hold it. Hold it. Hold on just one more minute, OK? Just one more. Another sec. Feel it burn?

OK now, exhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaale.

That's been me for the last few days. Holding it all in until I burst.

Yesterday, I was sobbing like a little girl with my head rested on the bed rails of his hospital bed. His heart is OK. It was great news that his heart is OK. There truly was no better news.

But, of course, the story does not end there. He was released with a clean bill of heart health yesterday evening, however his breathing has not improved.

An interesting thing we learned from the respiratory therapist yesterday was that there is connection between GERD and Asthma. One of those things that seems common, yet rarely investigated. So he has a follow up visit with his doc tomorrow, and then hopefully, hopefully onto a specialist to see what the hell is going on.

It's not normal that you can't eat anything. And it's not normal that you can't make it through the day without a rescue inhaler. (Thank the gods for the rescue inhaler, so no more 911 calls).

Thanks to all for the well wishes. When we first ended up at the hospital I thought it would be a one time thing. I went on with life; continued the daily grind. He continued to watch the kids everyday as he does and took care of us all by feeding us, cleaning our clothes, making sure CJ does his homework. But this week, this week I feel different. I feel just a little off the beaten track. Maybe it's the exhaustion. But the vim and vigor is just a little deflated right now.

And I will leave you with the most memorable moment of my last few days, next to the tears my husband wept after the second ER trip. After picking up CJ at school and getting Andrew from my sister in law, we drove back to the hospital to pick up Dave as he was being released soon since he was nearing the 4 hours in bed lying still after the heart catheterization. Out of the blue CJ asks me, "Is what happened to your dad, going to happen to dada?" (See explanation for what happened to my dad). As I parked the car I turned around to him, looked him straight in the eye, and said "Absolutely not."


Blogger Mayberry said...

I have been thinking about you all. I'm so glad he's doing better even though you need to find out more. Hope you get some helpful answers really soon.

10:42 PM

Blogger Heather said...

Thinking of you...

12:18 AM

Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

OH DEAR! Oh dear! Oh dear! Oh Dear! That is one for each of your dears and especially for you. How awful. Hang in there.

5:41 PM

Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I'm glad he's doing better. I'm sending positive thoughts.

6:57 PM


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home