Sunday, November 09, 2008

Indoor fun

So now that the weather has officially changed and I'm pretty positive we're over the indian summer we've been having, it becomes yet again the time of year to start thinking about the indoor activities. I'm already missing the days of summer when a backyard full of opportunities was a few feet away and the splashing of a refreshing pool was just a short drive. Alas, holiday season is fast approaching as evidenced by the crowds at the mall already, so while I look forward to the end of year festivities, every year at this time, I sigh that the summer is over. We had really great weather here in Ohio and summer always seems to give you that constant "playing hooky" type of feeling where you can go outside during your lunch hour and catch a few rays, or sneak out of work early to take the kids to the park, or enjoy a ladies night out on a sunset-soaked patio having laughs with your friends. Ahhh, the joys of warm weather. It can't come back soon enough.

So to get out of the four walls around us, today we went to a reading festival at the library which was super fun for Andrew since it was really geared toward babies and toddlers. He struck a pose with the Very Hungry Caterpillar:

And then Winnie the Pooh:
Daddy came along today, too in our first all family-member excursion since his illness. He's starting to feel better which is making us all feel better, too.

So as things start to get more back to normal around the house, I'm re-grouping a little and got a little groove back today. I'm feeling crafty again, and worked on this today:



Revelry Press is the name of the business I'm working on to launch on Etsy. I'm thinking of doing some more variations of it with different words/letters/colors and symbols. I really like shabby -chic with flourishes and distressed type. With this small canvas, I layered 3 colors 0f paint with brushes and paper towels, layered again with some rub-ons, added some sparkles and metal stars and glued grograin ribbon around the edge, and voila. While it's no masterpiece, I'm ecstatic about the newfound creative energy. After a hiatus, it's always the 1st piece that's the hardest.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

My son was terrified of people dressed up like that for the first 3 years of his life!

Lovely piece, really pretty.

10:21 PM

 
Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I wish our library did stuff like that!

5:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home