Monday, December 04, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

We ventured to the mall yesterday for our Santa picture. Yes, I said the MALL. On a Sunday. In December. The only positive thing I can say about it is that it is over. Although the kids were pretty cooperative, I had a less than favorable experience with stupid teenagers, crowds, and loud Christmas music. I'd like to share my little ditty, in the melody of Jingle Bells on what I think about taking the kids to a mall and paying 20 bucks for an overpriced, 5 x 7 picture:

Dashing through the mall
To meet Santa on his sleigh
O’er the crowds we fall
Crying all the way

Bells in my ears ring
Making spirits dark
What sane mom says on a cold Sunday:
“To the mall we will embark!”

Oh, Santa picture, Santa picture
Santa all the way
What hell it is to wait in line
On a December Su-u-u-nday!

But, I would have to admit that it turned out pretty darn cute....


********************

Also, thanks for a great night out on Saturday night with A Mommy Story, Cheerios and Chicken, and the "blog stalkers" for drinks, great conversation and a nice night out!!! Thanks ladies!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming, it was great to meet you.

11:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture turned out awesome! I have a feeling my son will cry for Santa again this year. He's only two. Last year he screamed like crazy!

11:58 AM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Nice picture! I'm sure mine will be filled with a screaming child this year, or I'll once again be sitting with her on Santa's lap.

And thanks for coming out Saturday! I hope you'll join us again next month! (and when I ate my leftover dessert, it was STILL hard to finish it all!)

5:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had just taken a sip of coffee when I read your post (yes, I know it's the evening but it has been a LONG day), and I almost spit it out laughing when I read "The only positive thing I can say about it is that it is over." The picture is really cute, though!

6:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great picture!

I hope you come to the next one too! I hope to make it to that one. I am college roomies with Emily and Laura. Invite some more cool people too!

8:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to join us Saturday! It was great to meet you and I'll try to stalk, I mean read your blog more often!

8:38 PM

 
Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

Anything for a photo...

8:40 PM

 
Blogger Damselfly said...

What a perfect song!

Don't you think those guys who play Santa must be saints?

9:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto the stalkers comments about getting to meet you. :)

Loved the song! Yep-- we were such whimps ... we took our picture on the couch. I just can't hack the mall with kids.

10:21 PM

 
Blogger SUEB0B said...

I am jealous of your night out! I love Laura and Christina!

12:42 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, two songs in a row! How are you going to top that? :)

The picture is TOTALLY worth it. Adorable.

11:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta love how they take advantage of our wallets.
Love the photo though - it was totally worth it :)

1:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo! My son is terrified of Santa so no such photo for us!

9:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home