Monday, November 13, 2006

Same as It Ever Was

It seems like same shit different day around here, and it’s making me crazy. I feel like I’m caught in the movie Groundhog Day, and every morning when my alarm goes off, it’s like “here we go again”. I can certainly appreciate the predictability, because we all know life can get out of hand sometimes, but a little change in the daily dose would be fun. Part of the frustration with this is being cooped up at home all the time. Funds were tight over the past few weeks, as illustrated in this post, so there hasn’t been a lot of entertainment going on around the house, outside of a few games of Trouble or Chutes and Ladders. Not to mention the baby is in full blown teething mode, so there’s the constant nightly ritual of trying to get him to sleep, which has put a big crimp in our “adult time”. And beyond the sex, I’m talking about an adult conversation in the very least. Last night was the first night in a long time when it seemed as though the kids were both fast asleep in their own beds by 9:00 pm. Just in time for my dose of Desperate Housewives, and then after that finally Dave and I got some time together for a quickie. Contrary to popular belief amongst my family, I actually still enjoy my husband after all these years and our love life has always been great. So it had been really bothering me that we hadn’t even had a conversation in what seemed weeks. Although last night there wasn’t a lot of conversing going on.

I have this love-hate relationship with routine. I long for it with my kids, yet hate to be on one myself. Ever feel like a hamster on a wheel?

7 Comments:

Blogger Kathy McC said...

I was just bitching about the same thing with Matt yesterday about how it seems like we do the same thing over and over again.

Can you send some of that "good love life" my way?? Between the nursing, meds and kids, my interest is next to nill...

11:06 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Kathy -- totally know what you mean about the love life. I connected it all to nursing. It didn't want him to come near me when I was nursing, but then when I stopped in August, the hormones shifted and I regained my libido again. But no remedy for needy kids...!

11:25 AM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Yes, I do feel like a hamster on a wheel often. Every day is the same old, same old. Like you, funds are tight (they're always tight, it seems), so we very rarely get to do anything out of the ordinary.

I'm looking forward to December, when we get to go away for a weekend to visit friends, without Cordy. That will be a nice overnight vacation.

1:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I've been on the wheel all year...Sudnay afternoons I usually jump off the wheel for a quickie during nap time for the kids.

7:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the wheel must've been spinning too fast-I meant Sunday...

7:27 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think there's a Married With Children out there who can't relate to this post!

10:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya sista.

11:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home