Monday, November 20, 2006

Fa-La-La-La-La-And-All-That-Crap

Well we've been busy little elves this weekend and rearranged and cleaned our living room and put up all the Christmas stuff. CJ begged me to put up the Christmas tree because he just couldn't wait, so as usual I caved in. And yes, with the exception of the Griswolds who just moved into our neighborhood who put up their Christmas lights about 2 weeks ago, we are the first in the neighborhood to have a tree blinking in our window. This is definitely a personal first: a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. We have a fake tree, because it's cheaper than a live one, and less of a pain in the ass. There are some things that I vowed I would never do in life, but once I had kids, some of those things just went flying out the window. Like getting a fake Christmas tree. So we're all festive here in our household, and have managed to completely freak the bejesus out of Andrew - who, before he laid down for a nap in the morning yesterday, did not have a 7 foot tall tree in his living room. And when he awoke to its sight, lights and all, he was scared to death to touch it.

Well, time for the boys to have a little space to themselves for a day, as I am off to the corporate races in Detroit. Away for business overnight too attend a "roll-up your sleeves-type meeting" where we will talk schemas, agendas, and training material.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kathy McC said...

Oooh, boy! Are there going to be any TQM talks?? Sounds like a hoot.

I hear ya on the Christmas stuff. I would have had the whole house decorated by now except Matt just wouldn't let me do it. Course, he doesn't have to worry about how he's going to manage it all in between chasing the two kids...

Oh, well. I guess our Falala crap will be this weekend. Why is it just not as fun as an adult?

8:48 AM

 
Blogger Kate said...

I was thinking the same thing -- where did all the fun go with the holidays??

4:36 PM

 
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Christmas? Already? I've barely caught up from Halloween.

That said, it WOULD be nice to have it all done, to just enjoy it for the next month. Sigh.

8:03 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

We'll probably set up our Christmas decorations this weekend. I just can't bring myself to do it before Thanksgiving.

Have a good trip, and enjoy all that business-speak!

9:06 PM

 
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

You put up your tree already? Damn. If you love it that much, would you like to come to my house and handle the decorating? The thought of it makes me want to hide in my linen closet until February.

9:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter wanted to put our tree up last week. Still no tree. Probably friday. That's when we usually break down and do it. I just hate pulling all the stuff out and putting it up. Once it's up I'm fine. (If the kids leave it alone without me having to say "don't touch!" every 2 minutes.)

10:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just thinking yesterday about the same thing you described about your youngest. I remember being too small to help with putting up the decorations, and so my mom would take care of most of the festivity-making during my nap and I would be totally flabbergasted by the change upon waking. I remember that as such a great thing, though. It was like waking up in a winter wonderland. That and I was always too lazy to be interested in helping with the set up, anyway.

2:39 PM

 
Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

For the last month I've got my boys trained to walk into stores and, upon seeing Christmas decorations or hearing carols, to yell "Why are there Christmas decorations up before THANKSGIVING? That's wrong!"

We sure are popular these days. My goal is to have everything up before the ultra-Catholic in-laws arrive on Dec 14th. And down 10 days later. But I won't give up the real tree. Even if I'm finding pine needles in July.

9:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home