Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Six Things About Me: The Sequel

The ever-resourceful and practical Alex from Formula Fed and Flexible Parenting, tagged me to reveal 6 Things You Don’t Know About Me. As most of you already know, I did a list not too long ago, and seemed to shock the hell out of everyone with the things I listed. Well, here’s a little more truth and maybe a little less shock:

1. I tried my first cigarette when I was 12. And before I sound like a delinquent, I didn’t start to smoke regularly until I was about 17 (look at me trying to justify that!). And then I finally quit when I was 29. It was the hardest thing I ever did. To me, quitting nicotine was harder to do than giving birth. I would gladly squeeze out another child from my uterus than get addicted to nicotine again and have to go through withdrawals.

2. I pick my fingernails and the skin around them. I hate long nails, so I always have stubby fingernails. Sorry guys, I know it doesn’t sound very attractive, and I look insanely nervous. But I’m really not. It’s just a bad habit that’s hard to break. Perhaps it's because I don't smoke anymore. See #1.

3. I’ve seen the movie, “Superman” (with Christopher Reeve in 1978) no less than 20 times. If you haven’t already noticed, I have an addictive personality.

4. I was Senior Class President. I took this as a personal high for me back then, because I beat out the cutest guy in the class who was my main contender.

5. Jim Morrison is my favorite rock star. I don’t know why this guy does it for me, but he would be my ultimate one night stand. He is soooo cool.

6. My first car was a manual 1964 VW bug. Royal blue with rainbow racing stripes and a sunroof. People from my old neighborhood to this day still identify me with that car.


So there you have it. Maybe a little less shocking than my last list, but how much detail can I really get into about myself on a blog? Like everyone else in the world, I have more than just one side. I’ve done some crazy things in my life, some regrettable and some not, but overall I’m a good person who cares about the world, a loyal friend, a good mother, a hard-working employee, I’ve been told I’m funny and smart, and I used to hate my name when I was a kid. But now I love it: Kate. It’s who I am. It’s who I will always be.

I now tag L.A. Daddy for some enlightenment from the male gender.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. You broke my tag cherry. I feel so... so... used. But still somewhat sexy. Life is good.

And I am warm. It's 80 degrees. Don't you wish you were walking around Easton right now, in shorts, and a t-shirt, and soaking up the glorious sun?

I may have to go shopping this weekend. Outdoors. Mu-ahahahahah!

2:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on the skin picking. I am terrible with my hands too. Stella is starting to uncontrollably pick her lips and ANY scabs that she gets.

I swear a scab anywhere means it will be there for at least a month.

3:50 PM

 
Blogger Mayberry said...

That Bug sounds like one sweet ride.

4:38 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

I'm so with you on the nail picking. It's a horrible habit, but I've never been able to stop. Every time I do grow my nails out, I don't like the feel of them.

7:59 PM

 
Blogger Alex Elliot said...

That was fast! I must have missed your tag post in December. Thanks for doing it again, though! I drive a standard, but it doesn't have rainbows on it :)

10:42 PM

 
Blogger karla said...

I first started smoking when I was 12 too. It was so an "I want to be cool when I am in high school" sort of thing. I quit right after we got married and started trying to get pregnant though, which was 12 years after I started.

SOOOO Did you catch Lost last night? It was the highlight of my week.

12:16 PM

 
Blogger Kate said...

Karla - I definitely caught last night's episode. Just posted about it.

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Damselfly said...

Way to go, class prez!

I saw Superman probably 13 times, but who's counting?! I had a serious crush on Christopher Reeve, and I think that's why I couldn't stop watching that movie. Today, I tell my husband that Superman was my first crush, and that makes him feel so good, that I picked him over Superman. It's also why I had to have a man with broad shoulders, sigh ....

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

I've see Pee-Wee's big adventure maybe 50 times. Yeah, I understand the addictive personality thing.

2:05 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fingernail/cuticle picker too. Also a reformed smoker, so I figure it gives me something to do with my hands.

Hope you are staying warm up there!

4:43 PM

 
Blogger Amanda said...

I did this one too. Here.

I am so with you on the withdrawls. I thought I was a smoker by choice util the blasted nightsweats of quitting. No thank you. And the cuticles, damnit, I wish I could stop. When you go too far and the skin starts coming off thick and you know it's going to bleed and burn...sorry.

11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home