Friday, September 22, 2006

False Alarm

Special thanks to my blogging buddies who wished us well for CJ's surgery. However, it seems as though we got all worked up for nothing yesterday, as the surgery ended up having to be postponed. The most bizarre thing happened on the way downtown to the hospital - CJ's left eye started to puff up, like when you get an allergen in it or when you have pink eye. We had dropped off Andrew at Dave's sister's in the morning, and literally within 20 mins his eye puffs up to the size of about half a ping pong ball. We mentioned this to the nurses, and we got as far as pre-op when the surgeon came over to look at his eyes and expressed his concern for going ahead with the surgery for fear that we weren't sure whether or not this could be the beginnings of pink eye. I would have bet money on the fact that this was an allergy in his eye, and the Dr felt pretty certain that it was probably the case, however the 1% chance that we were all wrong, could be devastating to his vision in that eye. So, to play it safe, we left. Don't know the date of the new surgery yet, but I'm now worried that it may come around the time of his birthday (which is in 2 weeks). Not that we have any major party plans for his birthday other than with family and close friends, but I just feel bad for him that it could be scheduled around his big day. He'll be turning 5, and he's all excited about it (ahh, to be young again!) I told him, "Enjoy 4 while you've got it, babe!"

So, all in all, yesterday turned out to be a real bust and I'm totally exhausted from the whole week. I've got a pinched nerve in my neck that I've had now since Monday that is really pissing me off, and I still haven't heard whether I got that job or not. I do know that I am still a finalist, but no offer has been made yet. So all the stress has gone right to my neck. But at least it's Friday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home