Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Card Reality Check

The weekend was a total blur, full of an array of holiday activites and household chores, but this was by far my greatest accomplishment. Two weeks ago, I was trying to get an 11 month old and a 5 year old to smile at the same time and it turned out to be my greatest photography nightmare. So for the Christmas cards this year, I was left with no choice but to make it fun. Because there was no way I was going to get them all dressed up and try again (I don't have a digital camera, so I don't see these shots until they come back from the lab). But I feel great, because they are stamped and in the mail! I can't wait to hear my mother's comment. And now for your viewing pleasure, our family wishes you a very, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great! Much better than a boring posed shot. And: kudos on getting them out the door. You are a better woman than I.

1:34 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Love it! I'm far more fond of the silly, in-the-moment pictures anyway. They don't fade into the background like all the other cards we see.

1:57 PM

 
Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Love, love, LOVE! And - well done (I've sent NO Xmas cards yet.)

3:20 PM

 
Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

Great job!

8:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just sent my cards out today and my kids have read eye in them! It was a nightmare to take because they both kept looking in different directions.

11:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those pictures are the best, because that's how they really are...not posed.

I say this because I have a similar Christmas card...it makes me feel better too.

12:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great card! You should send this to Mr. Big Dubya (of www.dadcentric.com fame)who is hosting a blogger's mantel.

5:14 PM

 
Anonymous Home Renovation Saint George said...

Verry nice blog you have here

3:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home