Monday, August 28, 2006

I Am Pissed

So I'm perusing the NY Times last night after the kids were in bed, and became enraged once I saw the photo essay in the magazine section. Please see this article. What got me enraged was the obvious: we are spending Billions (yes, with a capital "B") daily on our war in Iraq to supposedly rebuild that country (which we haven't yet because we're still bombing them!), and we have people in the richest country in the world living like this? Still, after a year later??? I cannot fathom this. It is a complete outrage. These pictures looked like something from a third world country -- but, no, they are of our fellow citizens here in America. It is so true that if the hurricane had hit a wealthy coastal area, this kind of decay would not continue. Shame on everyone in government who continues to stand by and do nothing about our own backyard, while funneling more money to the senseless war a half world away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home