Friday, September 12, 2008

Getting drunk is swell!

Early yesterday morning I made the final tweaks to my craft fair proposal I was going to give at this school year's first PTA meeting, printed off a bunch of copies, filed them away and continued on with my day at work.

Until my inbox came with the news at 3:30 pm from my friend.


While at the school picking up the kids, she took a gander at the school calendar to see about penciling in our pending date for the craft fair. And there it was. Scribbled across the square boxes in permanent ink for all to see: "Adventure Month".

Adventure Month is when our gym teacher basically takes no prisoners and overhauls the gym into one adventure wonderland full of zip cords, climbing ropes, and climbing walls. The kids love it. And to my dismay, interferes with the date we wanted the gym for the craft fair, and alas the adventure takes precedence.

So my proposal was a little deflated. I did receive an enthusiastic response from the members, and everyone was really excited about the idea. I already have people emailing me to sign up for help. So instead of a holiday fair, it will be a Spring fair, and the crafters can get out all of their best Easter merchandise. It might be a blessing in disguise because it was an aggressive schedule anyway. But it was a little defeating getting the news, considering all the work I had already put into it. But I am excited that so many people were on board with the idea, considering it will be the first event of its kind at the school.

As for my art, I'm still creating cards, and our Heat Press for our t-shirts arrived this week. Next stop, my Etsy shop once I get the bank account opened. Here's a peek at my latest creation.



4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

So creative!

9:29 PM

 
Blogger Mayberry said...

Arggh, sorry it didn't quite work out the way you wanted it to -- but having more time will probably be a blessing in the end.

Good luck w/ Etsy!! Love the card.

11:02 PM

 
Blogger Alex Elliot said...

Sorry to hear that the date had to be changed but this way you have plenty of time to get everything organize and do plenty of advertising. One of the schools out here does that with their gym as well. I like the card!

8:17 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

I hate when dates get changed - that's so frustrating. But I LOVE your card!

6:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home