Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Seven Facts and Habits

So I’m really glad my buddy over at Mayberry Mom tagged me for this list of 7 habits or facts about me, because I’ve had total writer’s block this week. Left without anything to write about these days other than houses, sick kids, and job transfers, I will be happy to oblige with a silly and senseless post today. (No offense to those serious meme-ers out there). I’ve had a little blog-apathy lately, so this is a great excuse to steal some time today for a little dose of fun blogging.

Fact: I have had the same breakfast for over 20 years. Growing up in the best bagel region in the country, New Jersey, was purely the reason for my breakfast addiction: a sesame bagel with butter (and cream cheese if I want to spice it up a little, but I really prefer whipped cream cheese).

Habit: I bite my fingernails. Down to the quick. I can’t stand having nails on my fingertips, although I really like neatly pedicured toenails. I think I’ve had my fingernails painted maybe once in my life.

Fact: I’m addicted to HGTV. And I’m not sure if the addiction will go away once we’re all moved into the new house or not. When I was pregnant both times, I was addicted to every pregnancy show on Discovery Health network and TLC. As soon as I gave birth, those shows held absolutely no interest for me.

Habit: I’m a perfectionist. I really like my hair to be perfectly coifed, and I’m a maniac about spelling. It must be correct. There’s nothing that irritates me more than seeing a misspelled word in a business document. To me, it’s totally unacceptable. I know - I need to lighten up.

Fact: I hate to shop for clothes. Unless I have an unlimited budget, and in that case, I will buy whatever I think looks good. Since that doesn’t exist in my world, I’m always forced to decide between which piece of clothing I can buy because I can’t afford both, or which one goes with the rest of my wardrobe, etc. To me, those decisions make me anxious.

Habit: I don’t touch elevator buttons with my fingers. And I try to avoid touching doorknobs as well, by using my sleeve. I was in a McDonald’s once, a mother placed her child’s food directly on the table. I was with a couple of other people and mentioned how I was completely appalled and grossed out that someone would do that, they looked at me and asked, “What are you some kind of germophobe or something?” Well, so maybe I am a little uncomfortable with germs, but I think feeding your child food from a public table is not only unsanitary but dangerous.


Fact: I don’t cook. And I mean AT ALL. In fact, I don’t grocery shop either. I have no idea what a loaf of bread costs. If I were a contestant on The Price is Right, I would totally lose. All I can say is that it’s a good thing I married a husband who not only likes to cook, but is good at it, too, because if it were left up to me to feed the family we would be eating mac & cheese out a box everyday, because I wouldn’t know how to cook anything else and I wouldn’t want to go to grocery store.

Well, there you have it. If you feel like playing, I now officially tag Kathy, Allison, Christina, Laura, Heather, LA Daddy and CTD.

11 Comments:

Blogger Alex Elliot said...

I'm impressed with the same breakfast for 20 years! I myself am a cereal person, but I have to switch around different kinds every couple of weeks or I get bored. The elevator button habit was very interesting :)

6:10 PM

 
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

I can't get over that breakfast thing (even more than the elevator one.)

I switch breakfast practically everyday. I eat based on what kind of mood I'm in.

BTW- I love HGTV. It's on all the time in my house.

6:32 PM

 
Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

Aw shucks after the last time you tagged me I thought you would avoid me.

And we were seperated at birth. Can I use your last fact? My kids are starting to threaten to cook for me.

7:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are going to hate me. I am one that feeds my daughter food that I place on a table. Granted, I sanitize always with my never ending source of Wet Wipes. And, I do have my limits. But, I have heard just as worse things about the food trays so, what can ya do. Thankfully, we don't go out a lot. I will understand if you find me disgusting.

8:36 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Those are some interesting facts and habits. I sometimes wish I didn't cook, but then I'd probably miss it eventually.

I love HGTV also. Too bad I don't have cable, but it's probably for the best...I'd never get off my butt because I'd be watching HGTV. (I get to watch it almost every friday for an hour or so at my parents' house.)

9:42 PM

 
Blogger Mayberry said...

Glad to be of service! Especially to a fellow HGTV addict...

10:56 PM

 
Blogger Mayberry said...

PS you are 100% right about misspellings! Totally unacceptable.

11:21 PM

 
Blogger Heather said...

Okay my post is up! Apparently I share your opinion of misspellings too.

12:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm an HGTV ho.

But I can't be tagged - Movin' Mom gave me this meme at the same time as Mayberry Mom. Sorry. I just did this today.

12:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the tag!!

I also hate to shop. Today I am wearing a red sleeveless sweater that I purchased in 2005 and a cardigan that might date back to the early 90's.

Being short and stocky... NOTHING fits right anyway.

I also have an incredible hot cooking husband. If he didn't cook, we would all starve.

8:59 AM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Woo-hoo, tagged for a meme! I'll get to it in the next week, I promise!

I'm with you on lack of cooking ability, and biting fingernails. The same breakfast for 20 years is impressive, though!

9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home