Friday, April 24, 2009

The WAHM: Pro vs Con edition

Now that I've established my new getting-a-business-up-and-running-from-home-in-less-than-3-months gig since I got laid off (can you say crazy?), quality time with the kids has taken on a whole new meaning. Now you must know that I have been working outside the home before and after my first son was born and thereafter still. So go run and get the smelling salts, k?

Pros:
You get to see your child all day long.

Con:
Your child thinks you are the big toy that he/she can play with all day. And why not? You're home aren't you? Hooray, mommy's home!

Pros:
I no longer sit a few steps from a vending machine full of candy.

Cons:
I now live and work in the same home with a whole pantry full of food.

Pro:
I can sleep in if I want to.

Con:
No paid sick day for "sleeping in".

Pro:
I can facebook anytime I want.

Con:
I can facebook anytime I want.

Pro:
I no longer have to suffer fools in the office and during Christmas parties.

Con:
No more free booze at the Christmas parties.

Pro:
I no longer have to wear makeup or shower during the day if I don't want to.

Con:
I will smell.

Pro:
I no longer have to fight traffic in the car during rush hours.

Con:
Will somebody get me out of this effin' house!!

OK, so I actually like the work at home gig. But most of the day today had no rhythm, no mojo, no nothing. Just one incomplete task after another because a particular 3 year old was either constantly hungry, needed me to play with him, was tired, wanted to go outside, wanted to come inside, wanted to type on the computer, or just plain needed. Thank God for my friend Barb or I would not have completed anything today.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I feel your pain. I almost never get anything done!

10:59 PM

 
Blogger Alissa said...

Just think. They'll all be in school soon, and it will be easier. Except for summer. Oh, gawd. Summer is coming.

9:28 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Yep, I'm always having trouble finding time to get anything done, and then at the end of the day I wonder what I did all day? Of course, two little distractions keep me from doing anything meaningful most of the day.

And this is the worst time of the year, too: summer break from school. We just enrolled both girls in summer camp to give us a little bit of work time each day.

4:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home