Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Plane Funk

Considering all that re-circulated air, close quarters with strangers and dirty seats, does anyone NOT get sick from a plane ride? About 99.9% of the time I have flown in a plane I get sick. It never seemed to bother me when I was a kid, with all those superbly youthful immunity genes dancing around in my system. Now, for me a plane ride is a certain equation for impending viruses. What I’d like to call, “plane funk.” (There's also a disturbing amount of "Jersey Shore Funk" gathering around the sand, as seen in the picture above!)

The wedding in NJ was great and my friend looked beautiful. But by 10pm I was ready for my pajamas and a hot cup of tea. Before the wedding, I couldn’t breathe through my nose, so I took a daytime Claritin. Note to readers: do NOT take a daytime Claritin if you plan to indulge in sleep anytime over the course of the next 24-36 hours. Forgive me if this seemed obvious to others. Apparently my desire for breathing caused a momentary lapse of logical brain synapses when it came to decision making.

Andrew was also dragging a bit during the trip until the very last day when he was all sprite and back to his normal self. He did great on both the plane rides, however was fairly homesick the entire time. Kept asking for Dada and CJ. Chopped liver (ahem) who he was with, apparently didn’t make the ranks of adequate comforting.

All I can say is home sweet home. We’re all closing in on normal in our house for now. And I’m so behind on blogging! Forgive me anyone who still reads this for my lack of commenting. My craft fair that I am coordinating at my son’s school is getting close: March 28th. There are about 99 things left to do in preparation for it, and I only have about 2 other volunteers to help me, no babysitter for the kids on that day, and an overflowing amount of vendors to make happy. I envision myself on March 29th sitting in the corner with an IV attached to a very large bottle of cabernet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I have also gotten sick every time I've flown as an adult. EVERY TIME. If I ever fly again I think I'll try some of that Airborne stuff. I wonder if that actually works?

7:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home