Monday, February 23, 2009

The Big Boy Bed


This weekend we reached another milestone for a little toddler's life. We took down the crib. No real reason for choosing this weekend, or this moment or this actual time to move him from crib to big-boy bed, just a feeling that he was ready. Maybe I was more ready than him. Either way, the crib is down. And not one tear was shed. Nada. Zilch. In fact, it validated that I'm absolutely satisfied with 2 kids and ready to keep moving forward. While I was a little nostalgic, it was fun to see his excitement for getting his own big bed. But in no way will I ever miss assembling that sucker ever again.

Next stop (hopefully!): using the potty like a big boy. I am MORE than ready for that.

The proud 3 year old posing with his new bed:



******************************
On another note, check out the House of Revelry for a great project I did over the weekend with a cool group of ladies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Congrats all around! He looks very proud.

11:01 PM

 
Blogger Christina said...

Yay for the big boy bed! Mira isn't ready for that yet - she's a little too wild to be trusted to roam, even in her own room.

And BTW, I see we have exactly the same crib!

11:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home