Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Par-TAY

I’m very optimistic today that this week will be a fabulous week. What? Not like me to be so optimistic you say? Well, PMS is over, and so my mood is on the upswing, and there’s lots to be thankful for this week.

#1. Today is inauguration day for Barack Obama. Need I say more?


#2. On Wednesday, a new season of “Lost” begins. I may possibly be as excited about the season premiere as I am about inauguration day. While the swearing in of the first black President of the United States is both historic and emotional, it’s got nothing on finding out where in time the island has moved to.


#3. On Thursday, I’m taking a vacation day from work to celebrate my 38th birthday. Nobody likes getting older, but I’m trying to turn a new leaf as I get closer and closer to 40. I’m going to feel thankful that I’ve had the opportunity to live this long, rather than being regretful for years gone past and a body that will never come back. Here's me in my pixie haircut on my birthday in January 1978.


#4. On Friday, I’m taking another vacation day to spend a day with my husband to attend the Warhol exhibit at the Wexner center here in Columbus. Last fall, when Dave was sick, the exhibit just opened, so we never had an opportunity to attend since he was ill for months, then the holidays were here, and well, you get the picture. It’s an exclusive exhibit and the top ten on the list of national exhibitions. And better yet, my friend is watching the kids so it will be some quality one on one time that we rarely get.

And then so after that, it’s the weekend, and I don’t have firm plans for that yet, but I’m sure it will involve a 7 year old and a 3 year old. Perhaps an engaging challenge of Connect Four or Monopoly or Cadoo, and then some slapstick fun with Hungry Hungry Hippos. It will also involve an attempt to get my art/work space better organized, which will be better for my mind and soul. This has to be my year to get organized. I’ll be signing off from posting on EP for the rest of the week, but will still be following my favorite peeps.

So, whether you are Republican or Democrat, I hope you caught a few minutes today to watch the inauguration. Back next week with more fresh and fluffy content. Peace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Have a great week!

2:44 PM

 
Blogger Alex Elliot said...

That sounds like a great attitude! I hope you had a good week.

8:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home