Friday, January 09, 2009

I pledge allegiance to the handmade and other randomness

You may have noticed my nifty little widget I just added to my sidebar saying that I pledge to buy handmade. Would you consider pledging, too? No, it doesn't mean you have to wear dark sunglasses and a large brim hat to cover your identity next time you enter Old Navy, but have you checked out Etsy? Poppytalk? Curiosity Shoppe? Design Sponge? And for my Columbus peeps Wholly Craft? Just a few of my favorites. And of course, don't forget to give me some clicky love on my Etsy widget found at my crafty photo blog. Order some handmade cards! OK. Enough links.

*******************************



*******************************

The weather says we are supposed to get snow. They have been lying to me all year about the weather so I'm betting against this being true.

*******************************

I just finished reading "When We Were the Mulvaneys" by Joyce Carol Oates. Anybody else read?

*******************************
Breaking news: Billy Bush was surprised by the earthquake.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I would buy your cards, but then I'd be mad that I didn't buy my own! ;)

11:13 PM

 
Blogger soccer mom in denial said...

So glad you read. I have not read "Mulvaneys".

I work hard to only buy from local businesses since 70-80 cents of every dollar spent goes back to the community as oppose to 20 cents spent at the chain stores.

4:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home