Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Guilty Free Christmas

Did I mention that I'm a procrastinator when it comes to Christmas? Oh, I skipped that part in my blogger profile? Well I'll go one step further and say that I am also a procrastinator for birthday gifts, cards, and cleaning out the cat litter.

It occurred to me today (as it usually does around this time) that I have bought jack sh*t for anybody. I'm finishing up the Christmas cards this week (which trust me, is HUGE---one year it was a "New Year's" card, not a Christmas card), baking cookies tonight and we've done a few things around town that could be called the gratuitous holiday activities:


A winter wonderland of holiday lights


Holiday party at the community center

But what will be different about this year is that I'm OK with all that. I'm not spazzing out right now about it. Not. One. Bit.

What's ironic is that I'm finally not procrastinating: I'm already starting one of my 2009 resolutions to stop worrying and feeling guilty. Ah, what a good feeling. For today that is.

Ask me next week if I stuck to it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

If you can stick with it and not worry about it, good for you!

9:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home